New category: Seeds for Wallets and Crypto-Wallets [No new categories planned]

IjonTychy
IjonTychy
Community Member
edited August 2018 in iOS

Dear 1password Team

First of all: Thank you very much for this amazing tool. I use it every day for allmost every password.

Now for my real question (or suggestion):
Would it be possible to have one (ore two) new categories for crypto-currency-geeks?
There are a lot of different currencies and wallets I have to get rid of. Some provide a seed of 12 or 24 words as a backup for the wallet.
It would be cool, if there would be a special field with the ability to number the words automatically (example: 1. house 2. burning 3. down 4. tiger 5. going 6. jail 7. ...). And when I need them, 1password only puts the words without the numbers to the clipboard.
Maybe 1password could also suggest the words after typing in the first few letters (like autocorrection) this would be very helpfull when using an app on a smartphone.

For the private-key it would be great, if 1password would provide the public-key to a given private-key automatically.
This means: when I enter a private-key into a field and mark it as private-key (maybe I have to add the cryptocurrency? sorry, I don't know this stuff that well) 1password would then hide the private-key and directly show the corresponding public-key in a new field.

Thanky already in advance for reading this.

All the best (and thanks for all the fish...no, wait, PASSWORDS, sorry I wanted to say passwords).
;-)

Andy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @IjonTychy

Thanks for taking the time to write this, and for the kind words. We do not have plans to implement additional categories in 1Password at this time. If you do a little searching around this forum you’ll find that folks have requested all sorts of categories (some more niche than others). If we had our developers spend time implementing all of these requests they’d have time for little else, and 1Password would be completely bloated with categories that most people would never use. That said, we do recognize the need here, and the eventual goal is to build customizable templates / categories as a feature. I couldn’t say for sure if or when that’ll be available, but it is certainly on the ‘nice to have’ list, and is something we’re currently beta testing with 1Password Business customers.

I’m sorry I don’t have a more definitive answer, but that is the current situation. :)

Ben

• IjonTychy
    IjonTychy
    Community Member

Hi Ben

Thank you for the swift reply.
    I know exactly what you mean with „nice to have“ and „need to have“. And resources should be spent wisely.

All the best,
    Andy

• Likewise, thank you for the feedback. While it isn’t the only factor, customer feedback definitely does play a large role in determining how we move forward.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.