Card data filling problems on Polish pages

In the past I was several times trying to report problems with filling card data on various pages. Mostly the answer was that pages are not following "standard". But today I found that 1P is not able to fill card data even on Mastercard's Masterpass page. It shows that problem is in 1P's dictionary of field names and formats. In my opinion AgileBits should follow the way of Apple and make existing features robust instead of adding whistles and bells. I'm using 1P for years and can hardly find in my memory page on which card data was properly and fully filled in. I was providing some examples in the past, like PayU (biggest online payment agent in Poland) - problem is not solved for years. I really don't know how to attract AgileBits to solve the problem. Of course motivated enough users can go to forums and report problems with filling data but it needs a lot of involvement and knowledge from their side. Maybe there is possibility to add "report problem" feature in app, which will collect form data and send it to AgileBits in the format, which will help in efficient way to increase 1P's ability to fill data?

In the meantime, some info about Mastercard's Masterpass page in Polish:

Link to html (as adding file to the post doesn't work properly for html file): https://dropbox.com/s/bhuc9x4gqz7z9l6/MasterPass%20PL%20card%20data.html?dl=0

Some extra info:
Card number

• is in single field with label "Numer karty"
  • id="card_no"

Validity date:

• is divided into two lists
  • month list has 2-digits numbers with label "MM" and id="selected-month"
  • year list has 2-digits numbers with label "RR" and id="selected-year"

Security code:

• field label "Kod CVC2/CVV2"
  • id="cvc"

There is one extra field for custom card name, which can be ignored:

• field label "Twoja nazwa karty"
  • id="description"

BTW: copied 1P version from "about" dialog doesn't fit in proper field below

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.1 (70101001) Sklep AgileBi
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6 (17G2307)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PLMan: It doesn't really require much involvement from users to give us the URL where they're having trouble and tell us the problem they're having so we can test it and try to some up with a solution. At that point, they can just leave it to us. But certainly we welcome user involvement when folks are passionate. So thank you for sharing those details! Ultimately though, it's up to us to find a solution for a site that doesn't break things for others, and that isn't always possible unfortunately. But what is out of our reach even now may become feasible in the future. I disagree that Masterpass is good about following web standards, but that may be different if you're using a localized version. If you'll give us the URL where you're having the issue I'll be happy to look into it. But it's important that we know the actual location so that we can not only see it in context (extra important for sites in languages we don't understand) but also so we can keep an eye out for changes that might affect tweaks we make down the road. Thanks in advance! :)

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member

Usually it is hard to give you working URL for card payment sites as they are just the part of buying process.
    I would like to let you remember toppic: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/447196#Comment_447196
    There was PAYu test page link: https://yogqs9.axshare.com/card.html
    Still PAYu is not working in 1P.

Going back to MasterPass - you can just:
    1. go to https://portfel.masterpass.pl/register/init
    2. click orange "Zaczynamy!" button
    3. create account filling data
    - imię - first name
    - nazwisko - family name
    - numer telefonu - phone number
    - adres e-mail - easy to understand
    - hasło - password
    - select all 3 checkboxes
    - click orange "Dalej" button
    4. Enter code send by SMS into field on page
    - press orange "Dalej" button
    5. You have first available dialog allowing entering card data

Should be enough to test.

• Greetings @PLMan,

You linked to another thread but you'll notice I left you questions relating to whatever PAYu is and whether that link was in any way a realistic indicator of the real payment page. That's why we've not made any progress. I'm very hesitant to base any filling improvements based on that link alone without learning more about how PAYu is used on real sites.

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

The link was found on PayU documentation so it should work as original payment. You can visit allegro.pl which is biggest e-commerce site in Poland. Default payment method there is PayU.
    Other PayU demo: https://www.payu.pl/demo/payu-1.html - click in "Karta" button to go to card payment page.

• Hi @PLMan,

That should help, thank you. I couldn't find anything meaningful that linked axshare.com back to PAYu which is why I was looking for confirmation.

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member

Time files and PayU still doesn't work. Seems that it is rocket science as my first request was in 2015...

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PLMan,

Thanks for bumping the topic. I'm sorry we weren't able to make the credit card details on PayU fill properly for such a long time.

If I look at each of the fields, I can see what makes it difficult for us to fill:
    1. Card Number (Numer karty) has a html id=cardNumber, along with other clues. That's why this field is properly filled
    2. MM/RR has a html id=dataNumber, and has no other obvious clues except the MM/RR placeholder. That makes it very hard for 1Password to confidently fill, as dataNumber could be any number that you can imagine
    3. CVV number has a html id=cvvNumber, which makes it a breeze to fill.

In order for us to work this out, we had to significantly smarten up our filling logic. We've had a few major improvements over the past three years, but the last one seems to have done the best job so far. I can fill the credit card normally with 1Password X, which uses the latest filling logic. While I don't have a specific time frame, we're working on getting those updates included in the rest of 1Password 7 apps.

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

I think that filling with 80% confidence is much better than not filling. As numbers of URLs used by PayU are rather limited (user is always redirected to their system which is not embedded into stores), then both URL and dataNumber field gives quite strong confidence. Please note, that they are requiring e-mail address to be filled too. It is really popular service in Poland and not maintaining it for 3 years is big 1P limitation here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

80% success means 20% fail, and depending on what's being filled it can be a matter of inconvenience or a serious problem if there is a "misfire". So it is something we need to be aware of. Anyway, as Sebastian mentioned, we're working to bring the new filling engine to all of the apps, and that continues to improve every day. I'll be curious to know your results once the Mac app gets an updated "Brain" for filling...and, perhaps more importantly, where there is still room for improvement. Thanks for your patience. :)

This discussion has been closed.