American Airlines workaround for 1Password 7.1 for Mac and 7.2 for Windows

littlebobbytables
littlebobbytables
1Password Alumni
edited September 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

It's an imperfect workaround but the follow will fill all three fields on both https://www.aa.com/homePage.do and https://www.americanairlines.co.uk/homePage.do

American Airlines 1PIF file.

Download this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file and import it into 1Password. On the Mac you can do this by dragging the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock. On Windows use the menu option 1Password > Import and follow the prompts.

Edit the newly imported Login item and click the Show Saved Form Details button. Replace the placeholder values for the three fields and set the remember me checkbox to whatever your preference is. I've set it as enabled in this Login item because it's much easier to delete the checkmark in 1Password for Windows than it is to add the right character. 1Password for Mac uses a real checkbox so nice and easy there.

After that all you should need to do is delete the redundant website field. I've added the two URLs from above so that out of the box it will fill either but most likely everybody will only use one based on their own needs.

This will fill both the homepage and the dedicated page for both domains. I've added URLs for the dedicated page so that open-and-fill can be used.

Where does the imperfection come in? On the US version of the site ( www.aa.com) It won't fill the fields correctly on the first attempt, it only fills the username and password. A second fill though sees the last name and checkbox correctly set. That's why the submit option has been set to Never so that the second fill can be performed.

Ideally there will be a version of 1Password where you can save and fill on American Airlines without all of this gymnastics but at least for now I hope this helps a little.

Comments

• MikeyrInJeff
    MikeyrInJeff
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

"Ideally"? Hopefully? How about getting to work on it, ASAP??
    ALSO, how about more effective channels for support? Chat, live help, even phone help...Users need support when they need it, NOT by glacial channels like email and web based email messaging and web forms.

ref: WHH-63911-163

• MikeyrInJeff
    MikeyrInJeff
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

How about covering the details on the prompts? How about detailing how to "edit" the file? How about stating which source to select? I did not sign on to figure these things out for myself. The glacial speed at which your sketchy support is provided is bad enough!

ref: WHH-63911-163

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

The above held true for 1Password 7.1 for Mac, it is redundant as of 1Password 7.2 for Mac which does contain a number of filling improvements. A Login item saved on either the homepage or the dedicated sign-in page will now fill all three fields without any faffing about.

If you are running 1Password 7.1.2 for Mac where the above is still applicable then the following steps are required.

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the View Saved Form Details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Save.

Those steps are specific to 1Password for Mac. For Windows the slightly different steps are:

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. In 1Password select the menu option 1Password > Import and then select the 1Password Interchange Format (1PIF) option and follow the prompts.
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the Web form details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Save.

If any step requires elaboration please say.

• LWks
    LWks
    Community Member

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

By the time I decided to check this forum, I was really close to figuring this out on my own, but using your pre-formatted .1pif file certainly made this a snap.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you are welcome @LWks!

I am happy to hear this helped :)

This discussion has been closed.