Android phone requires master password every time.

holdingdirp
holdingdirp
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Android

Hello!
I've setup 1 password today and it's great. On my iPhone, I use touch ID to unlock the app each time.

My dad's phone is a Galaxy S5 Neo. I setup the app so it requires a pin number to unlock.

However, whenever I open the app again (even if it was already in the background) it asks for the full master password and not a pin.

It's running the latest version of 6. There isn't a Google Play update.

I think it's running Android 6, however it may be 5.

Cheers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @holdingdirp. Can you let me know how your data is exiting the app? Is he swiping it closed from recents or taping 'Lock' from the app? Also, does he have any optimization apps running on the device?

• holdingdirp
    holdingdirp
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Hello @peri

He is clicking the button where you view all open apps and then he is swiping it closed.

There are not optimization apps running.

• Thanks @holdingdirp! When you swipe the app closed what way, it fully exits 1Password so that it's not staying running in the background. In order to be prompted for the PIN, 1Password will need to stay running in the background. You can find more info here:
    https://support.1password.com/android-pin-code/#get-help

If he leaves 1Password but doesn't swipe it closed, he should be prompted for the PIN code when going back to the app.

• holdingdirp
    holdingdirp
    Community Member

@peri
    Oh thanks.

I use my iPhone and it works after closing the app so I assumed it'd be the same for Android.

Thanks

• @holdingdirp Sorry for that confusion. 1Password works slightly different on Android. PIN Code will work as long as the app has been unlocked using the Master Password and continues to run in the background. The Master Password is needed on a cold start.

Fingerprint Unlock, on the other hand, will continue to be accepted even after 1Password closes on Android.

This discussion has been closed.