Browser access fails on older iPads

Options
TimInBC
TimInBC
Community Member

My wife's two older iPad (mini & regular) run iOS 9.3.5 and can't go beyond it.
https://xxxxx.1password.com produces a blank screen on Safari.
It works fine on my modern iPad and both our desktop Macs.
???
1Password app gets along fine on both older iPads.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi, @TimInBC. Unfortunately, the web app does not support older browsers like those on iOS 9 because it uses new web technologies that those browsers don't have. However, we should be showing an "unsupported browser" screen, not a blank screen, so I will look into that. Thanks for the report!

ref: b5/b5#4886

• TimInBC
    TimInBC
    Community Member
    Options

Well then .... wife has two old iPads, both of which had 1Password 6.
    She unwisely deleted 1PW6 from one of them.
    Is there any way to get that app back on that device?
    A Restore didn't bring back any apps.
    We're up and running on two desktops and two iPads, just one left ...

• @TimInBC, sure, if you're using a family account, all you have to do is download the latest copy of 1Password from the iOS App Store. Then she can sign in to her family account and all of her data will be there.

If you're not using a family account, it will take a bit more troubleshooting to get things restored, but we can do it. Just let me know.

• TimInBC
    TimInBC
    Community Member
    Options

It is a family account, but the store shows only versions 7 and 3 (!)

• @TimInBC, oh, I forgot that she would not be able to download version 7 on iOS 9.

No worries, we can still get things working. In order to download version 6, she will need to be signed in to the App Store with the same Apple ID used to download 1Password 6 originally. Once you've confirmed that, you can follow these quick instructions to download the last compatible version of 1Password on the old iPad:

• Open the App Store.
    • Tap the "Purchased" tab in the bottom bar.
    • Find 1Password in the list and tap on the download cloud icon next to it.
    • Confirm you'd like to download the last compatible version.

Now, you should have 1Password 6 installed and working perfectly on the last iPad. Let me know how this goes. I'll be here if you need any help along the way. :)

• Needlejockey
    Needlejockey
    Community Member
    Options

I created a family account for me four other family members and thus far have been the only user. Needless to say I love 1 Password. I would like the four other family members to be able to create and use their accounts without ME needing to be involved in that process. Can you tell me how to accomplish this task?

• TimInBC
    TimInBC
    Community Member
    Options

Rob - and you may quote me on this - Dayyum, you guys are GOOD! Your plan worked. Thanks.

• @TimInBC glad to hear you're all set now! :)

I would like the four other family members to be able to create and use their accounts without ME needing to be involved in that process.

@Needlejockey as the owner of the family account, you only need to do two things to get your family on board:

1. Invite them from the "People" tab in the admin console.
    2. Once they've set up their accounts, go to their profile pages and confirm them.

I'll be here if you need anything.

• Needlejockey
    Needlejockey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rob and thanks for trying to help me. I am still experiencing difficulty completing the task - cannot find "People" in the admin console as you instructed. Is there a video or link to which you can refer me for this purpose? I viewed a couple YouTube videos but neither of them discussed my issue.

This discussion has been closed.