Need to change password generation algorithm

rlf
rlf
Community Member

I would like to see 1P change their password generator. I like to use the "words" generator rather than "characters" because if I have to ever type the password in by hand, it's easy to remember a group of words than a bunch of random characters. But invariably when I use the words generator I always have to tweak it because many sites now require your password to contain both upper and lowercase characters plus at least one number. The words password generator never includes uppercase letters nor numbers so it would be nice if one could meet those two requirements by setting an option.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Donaldd
    Donaldd
    Community Member

Totally agreed!
    I have a not-so-convenient workaround for this situation: adding a random digit by yourself to the passphrase 1password generated, and change one character in those 4 or 5 words to uppercase...

• rlf
    rlf
    Community Member

As I said, I'm already doing that and it's inconvenient.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rlf and @Donaldd - since this is quite similar to another thread here just in the last day, I'll link to my response there. Short version: revamping the password generator is a priority for us, but it's also not as 1-2-3 an issue as it might seem.

This discussion has been closed.