From version 4 to version 7. How to do it. And 1Password for Android in Agile Keychain Vault

Options
jordiben
jordiben
Community Member

Good afternoon. I acquired a 1Password license for windows in 2014. Is this license useful for version 7 or should I buy another one ?.

I have been automatically updated the version of 1Password for android to version v7.0.3 and does not allow editing items. It forces me to update the Agile Keychain vault to OPVault. I do not want to do this. I think before updating you should have asked me. How can I recover the latest version that works with Agile Keychain? Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• m3morex
    m3morex
    Community Member
    Options

if you want to install 1Pass4 again, then download it here https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/win4/1Password-4.6.2.626.exe

• jordiben
    jordiben
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer, but the latest version 6 of android, where can I download it?

• Hi @jordiben. Please have a look at my comment here for more information on why 1Password 7 is converting your data.

To reiterate what I said there, with 1Password 7, we're retiring support for the legacy Agile Keychain format in favor of our more secure format--OPVault. Is there a particular reason you're not able to convert your data?

• jordiben
    jordiben
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, thanks for answering.......

It's very simple, I already paid a license at the time to use password4. A license that is not cheap, I do not say it is not worth it, but it is not cheap.
    If the company does not offer free or lower cost upgrade, I must be able to continue whatever I pay.
    That's why I need to download the latest android app that works with agilekey files.

Another issue is that although 1password4 with agilekeychain format is less secure than the OPVault format, it is not safe or dangerous to use.

Thank you very much

• Hey @jordiben. Please have a look at the comment I linked in my reply above. You're not required to upgrade 1Password on Windows to use the OPVault format. It's supported in 1Password 4. This is a data conversion and does not require a new purchase or a subscription. Please go ahead and convert your data. Afterward, launch 1Password 4 on Windows, select File > Open Vault, and then open the 1Password.opvault folder that 1Password on Android created in Dropbox. That should do the trick!

This discussion has been closed.