After Recovery, Log In Says Password Incorrect

danxnguyen
danxnguyen
Community Member

Hi Friends:

I moved over from an individual account and joined a family account. After setting up my account through the link sent by the admin on a W10 machine, I added the new account to my app in my MacBook, but after awhile, it wouldn't accept the PW to my new account with the secret key.

I then had the account recovered again, but I have the same problem: can't login through the website or the MacBook app after clicking on recover email confirmation and with new PW.

The app in the MacBook still works, but won't accept the new PW, and therefore won't sync. Still works with all existing data.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @danxnguyen

Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ using the credentials you have recorded?

Ben

• danxnguyen
    danxnguyen
    Community Member

@Ben I am not able to sign in, either through that link you posted (where I enter my secret key and PW), or the link that comes in the email that tells me that I have recovered my account, and sends me directly to a sign in with the secret key already inputted.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danxnguyen: You need to click "Sign in to another account" at the bottom, and enter all of the correct (new) account credentials. Your old Secret Key will no longer work.

• danxnguyen
    danxnguyen
    Community Member

@brenty, yes I did that and it still says my PW is incorrect.

• In that case the best I could suggest is going through the recovery process again. My apologies — I’m not sure what might’ve gone wrong there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.