Custom rich icons not syncing to Android app [Custom icons not yet supported on Android]

jimk4003
jimk4003
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Android

Using the web interface, I've changed a few of the icons for individual logins to images I've uploaded that more accurately reflect the service they represent. On the Android app, however, these logins continue to display the default icon. The icons I have uploaded sync across the web, so they're clearly saved on a 1Password server somewhere. Is there a way of getting these icons to display within the Android app?

Comments

• mverde
    edited September 2018

@jimk4003 1Password for Android doesn't yet support displaying custom icons. Although I can't provide you with a timeline as to when it will get added to the Android app, I can say that it's on our todo list ;)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I give my +1 for this.

• Thanks for the request! I'll pass this on to our team.

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member

Same here, makes for much easier visual recognition of the card you want to view.

• Thanks. I'll pass your request along to our team. :)

• Wisely_Lee
    Wisely_Lee
    Community Member

I give my +1 for this too

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you'd like us to add this feature. :)

• derek328
    derek328
    Community Member

@mverde same issue here :( i see this function has been requested as early as a few years ago..

can we get an update on when this function will be addressed? ability to sync rich icons between Windows & Android will go a long way to achieving feature parity.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

As you may have noticed, we've been pretty busy adding a bunch of other stuff to 1Password or Android. If we hadn't, "feature parity" would be even farther off. ;) Don't worry, this is on our list. We just need to prioritize things that will benefit the greatest number of users where we can. :)

• @derek328 I just wanted to add to what @brenty said above to emphasize that feature parity is definitely a priority for us. We want your experience of 1Password to be consistent across all of your devices, regardless of platform. Supporting custom icons is definitely on that list and it's getting consistently closer to the top as we continue to incorporate the features that are above it.

• derek328
    derek328
    Community Member

@brenty @mverde thank you for the thoughtful responses - really appreciate it! any chance to give a very high-level ballpark estimate for how much longer until the team can ship custom icons syncing for Android?

• @derek328 we generally make a point of not providing time estimates or discussing future development plans. All I'll say at this point is that it will show up in the beta first, so you can keep an eye on our release notes for advanced warning that it will soon arrive in the stable version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@derek328: Better yet, join the beta! We'd love to hear your feedback on new features as we add them to help shape 1Password. :chuffed:

• cfkearney
    cfkearney
    Community Member

+1 Thanks. I'll check out the beta program.

• Thanks, @cfkearney. I'll pass your request on to our development team! ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#380

• SlowNicoFish
    SlowNicoFish
    Community Member

Waiting for this feature too. When/if it is implemented I'll switch directly to 1Password!
    Great app otherwise!

• Thanks for the input, @SlowNicoFish. We'll make sure to pass your request on to our developers as well!

This discussion has been closed.