Can i use windows hello default unlock 1password after first unlock?

Options

My master password is long and hard to remember.
So every time I use Windows hello to unlock, but the default is still the master password, I have to click every time to use Windows hello.
Can be set to unlock after the first unlock, the default page using windows hello unlock?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @EvanQu,

Thanks for writing in.

What you can do is press the enter key while in the empty master password field, it'll trigger the Windows Hello prompt for you. This way, you don't need to use your mouse to click the Hello icon.

We do plan to improve the Windows Hello experience, we'd like to default to it as long as it doesn't steal focus or interfere with your workflow every time 1Password is locked in the background.

• EvanQu
    EvanQu
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Thank you for telling me this tip

• You're welcome!

• fsargent
    fsargent
    Community Member
    Options

This is so not obvious! I wish that were more clear!

• We've got a number of plans to improve Hello support in the future, @fsargent. At present, Hello support is just about the same as it was when we first implemented it and were feeling out what sort of issues folks might encounter moving forward, but you'll definitely see some changes to make it simpler to use in future updates. :+1:

• fsargent
    fsargent
    Community Member
    Options

That's great to hear. I'm looking forward to it being the default option if possible the way FaceID is on iOS.

• I'm not going to make any promises now, @fsargent because we do still have some obstacles on Windows resulting in part from more widely varied hardware in the Windows world. All the same, we would certainly like to see it better mirror our implementation of Touch ID and Face ID so long as we're able to do so securely and reliably across all devices. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.