Not working with Edge

Consistently 1Password is not working with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. It won't fill in logins, and the 1P extension box does not display when clicking the icon on the browser bar.

The app version and the extension version are not a match - not sure if that's an issue, and if so, why the extension is not updating ...

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 7.2.575
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@apiods: It sounds like the issue you have is one involving an outdated version of Windows. Which release of Windows 10 do you have currently? Are you able to access 1Password outside of Edge?

• apiods
    apiods
    Community Member

Hi,

Windows version: 10.0.17134 - up-to-date, no system updates available.
    1Password app works okay outside of Edge, I can click a link in 1Password, which opens the webpage in Edge. But the login details are not filled in; clicking on the 1P browser extension does nothing
    Clicking Ctrl+Alt+\ brings up the 1Password mini window, but the current website login details aren't displayed, and filtering/clicking the 1Password site just opens the URL in a new tab
    I can't auto fill login details using Edge ….

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@apiods: Interesting. Which version of the 1Password extension do you have installed in Edge? If you open its page in the Windows Store, is it showing any updates are available?

• Philk7
    Philk7
    Community Member

Good morning: I have similar issue: 1 password 7.7.576 on Windows 10 build 17134.228
    Alll works fine on every other browser, but on Edge the shortcuts never work to infill password boxes. Back to cut and paste
    Any ideas please?

• Philk7
    Philk7
    Community Member

quick update: checked browser version of 1password: 7.1.565 But never had it working properly which is frustrating

• Hi @Philk7,

I'm guessing you meant 1Password 7.2.576 as we're not at 7.7 yet. Based on the version of the extension in Edge I believe the issue is you need the current extension and you're an update behind there. I've had terrible success so far trying to help people update, I don't know what it is about Edge that makes this so awful.

Can you try removing the extension from Edge and then restart Edge just for good measure. Now visit Browsers - 1Password and follow the prompts. What should happen is after following the various prompts you eventually have a new copy of the extension installed and that it reports as version 7.2.575. I believe you should find the extension starts working in Edge after this.

If that doesn't see version 7.2.575 being installed let me know but that is the current version in the Microsoft store so I'm hoping that is what is downloaded when you try.

• MMA
    MMA
    Community Member

I see this issue also with Edge. I've installed/reinstalled both the extension and the 1pass app.

7.2.575 extension.

The extension in chrome seems to work fine.

• Hi guys,

We're trying to figure this out as we can't reproduce this on our own machines.

Please try this:

1. Remove 1Password extension from Edge, close Edge and 1Password desktop program
    2. Use Task Manager to terminate all MicrosoftEdge* related processes including 1Password.Edge.* processes
    3. Open 1Password desktop program, open Edge, and then install the extension from the Microsoft Store.
    4. Try filling in at this forum to see if it works: https://discussions.agilebits.com

If not, do you have any other extensions installed for Edge and is there any specific security tools you're using that could integrate with Edge?

• kbell101
    kbell101
    Community Member

It's 2020 and Still this isn't working. Ive followed the remove and reinstall instructions, including shutting everything down as suggested. NOTHING works. Can you offer a suggestion before I go back to Lastpass??? the fam is frustrated.

• The version of Edge discussed in this thread is no longer supported, @kbell101. Microsoft has released an all new version of Edge and we're focusing on that new version moving forward. If you update to the new Edge, you should be set. You can find a little guide here:

https://support.1password.com/kb/202003/

:+1:

• mikecg
    mikecg
    Community Member

Removing the Google Tag Assistant and GTM/GA Debug extensions fixed the issue for me.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikecg,

This thread is about an old version of Microsoft Edge that is no longer supported. If you installed Google Tag Assistant and GTM/GA Debug in the new version of Edge (the one that is based on Chromium), you bumped into a different issue. I am glad to hear that you figured it out.

If you have other questions about 1Password, please feel free to create a new discussion. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• mikecg
    mikecg
    Community Member

Hi @Greg, you are correct that this related to the new Chromium Edge. I didn't read this entire thread so I didn't notice that this was about a different issue. The issue I had was that 1Password complained that I am not using a supported browser and need to install Chrome or Firefox. Disabling those extensions fixed it!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @mikecg! I am glad to hear that disabling those extensions fixed this :)

This discussion has been closed.