Fingerprint unlock is not usable on Samsung Galaxy S7

fabwu
fabwu
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Android

On a Samsung Galaxy S7 you have to swipe down along the home button to use the fingerprint sensor. Every time I use the Autofill feature of your app the modal for unlocking 1Password disappear because I tap the screen by accident. When I unlock the app with my fingerprint everything work as expected.

Can you make sure that the Autofill modal doesn't get closed if I tap on the grey area?

1Password Version: 7.03
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fabwu. Thanks for your feedback. I can understand the problem you’re experiencing with unlocking using Fingerprint Unlock for Autofill. I’ll share these details with our team and figure out if we can prevent dismissing the Autofill dialog for devices like yours.

• @fabwu Just realized the Samsung Galaxy S7 doesn't require a swipe down on the fingerprint sensor. You should be able to unlock 1Password by resting your finger on the sensor instead. Let me know if that works!

• victorlinguist
    victorlinguist
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

The new update just got rid of fingerprints and now I cannot access my account anymore. Support says there is nothing they can do, although this is their technical fault. What kind of company does this? I never had to remember my password since I use fingerscan always.

• I'm very sorry for the frustration caused here, @victorlinguist. Your 1Password data is encrypted with your Master Password and can only be decrypted with it. While you can unlock it with Fingerprint Unlock most times, there are certain times when your Master Password will indeed be required. You can find more about that here:
    https://support.1password.com/android-fingerprint-unlock/#get-help

That said, as Kaitlyn mentioned in her reply to you, your privacy and security, your Master Password is known only by you. We can't reset it for you and you can't change it without entering the old one. This is part of 1Password's secure design, which you can read about here: https://support.1password.com/1password-security/

1Password relies on one password, which is your Master Password, and is used to encrypt and decrypt your data. Your fingerprint does not replace this. Again, I'm sorry for the trouble. I hope the tips that Kaitlyn provided in her email help you to recover the Master Password!

• victorlinguist
    victorlinguist
    Community Member

I used my own tip and managed to get in after many tries. Thank you very much for the help!

• fabwu
    fabwu
    Community Member

@saad You're right. I can unlock it if I just rest my finger on it. Can I mark this post as solved somehow?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@victorlinguist: Likewise, thanks for the update! That's great to hear. Enjoy your weekend. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fabwu: Definitely a bit confusing when there are different ways of doing the same thing. Glad that Saad was able to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.