Password appears to be getting truncated at the FRS website

Trying to log into https://www.rol.frs.state.fl.us/ . 1Password fills in the username and password but it appears that the password field might be getting truncated. If you copy and paste the information the login works.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6 (17G65)
Sync Type: 1Passowrd.com

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

That sometimes happens. When you create a password, sometimes sites will appear to accept it even though it is actually longer than the site permits, and what is actually accepted is a shortened version. And then , because of differences in the way the procedure works, filling through 1PW fails but copy and paste works.

I'm not sure if I explained this clearly, but anyway can you find out what the maximum length of allowable passwords on the site is, and see if your password is longer.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

The site permits 30 characters , one letter, one number required. My password is 24 characters, 3 numbers, 3 special characters and the rest are a combination or upper and lower case letters.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

I changed my password to have only 17 characters , with 2 numbers, no special characters and the rest are a combination of upper and lower case. Here is the error message, Error CM0001 - Invalid user name or password. Please try again. This is the same error message as with the longer password. Here are the instructions for a password. "IF YOU HAVE ALREADY CREATED YOUR USER PROFILE, LOG IN WITH THE USER NAME (THREE TO THIRTY CHARACTERS) AND PASSWORD (BEGINNING AUGUST 1, 2013, EIGHT TO THIRTY CHARACTERS, CONTAINING AT LEAST ONE LETTER AND ONE NUMBER) YOU CHOSE WHEN YOU CREATED YOUR USER PROFILE."

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Please close/delete this as the problem seems to have been with the website itself and is now currently working perfect.

• Looks like we'll have to chalk this one up to a mystery but at least things seem to be working properly now. Do let us know if you come across any other problematic sites though as they definitely won't always be a glitch with the site.

This discussion has been closed.