Familiy redemption code from business account ist not valid

sponch
sponch
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Business and Teams

Hi,
we've just upgraded from Team to a business plan on a .com account.
Unfortunately the code wasn't accepted by the family account (code invalid). The family account is an .eu account. Could that be the problem??
Can anyone help? (Don't want to move any accounts ....).

Regards
Alex

1Password Version:7 Business
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sponch,

My apologies but it does appear that it is necessary for both the business and the family membership to be on the same “instance” (i.e. .com / .ca / .eu) in order for these codes to apply properly. The various instances do not “talk” to each other, or share data.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• sponch
    sponch
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Hi @Ben,

thanks. This would make things extremely complicated. I guess you have possibilities to redeem a code manually or generate a working code for me?
    Thanks
    Alex

• The family memberships must be on the same instance as the business in order for the promotion to apply. There isn’t any way for us to manually generate codes that would work across instances. The reason for this is that the code is tied to the business membership so that if billing on the business account falls behind the family account will become frozen. When you enter that code in a families membership on a different instance the service is unable to obtain any information about the status of the business membership. There is no way to make this verification happen across instances because the instances do not have any communication with each other.

I would suggest reaching out to our business team directly to further discuss this situation. They can be reached at [email protected]. Please include a link to this thread with your email:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95256/familiy-redemption-code-from-business-account-ist-not-valid

Ben

This discussion has been closed.