1Password on Android no longer works with my licensed Windows/Mac 1Password

dcsobral
dcsobral
Community Member

I have a license for Windows/Mac bundle, which I use on my Windows and Mac desktops and notebooks, plus Android and iOS devices, using the Dropbox sharing. All was working well until today when I opened 1password on my Galaxy S8, and it says the vault is not compatible and has to be converted.

So I open the Windows app and click on Check for Updates, and it says there's no updates. I google around a bit and find a version 7 for Windows, and try that, but it it then asks me to either subscribe, which I have absolutely no interest in doing, or get a license for Windows, and it seems I'd have to acquire another license for Mac, and possibly one for every computer I'm using? My bundle allowed me up to 5 computers.

What I'd prefer is for the product I bought to simply keep working, instead of being broken by an update.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password android does not work with my purchased 1password for windows/mac

Comments

• @dcsobral I would be happy to help you with getting things set up again. 1Password 7 for Android requires older AgileKeychain format vaults to be converted to the newer OPVault format, but that does not necessarily mean that you will need to update to newer versions of 1Password on your other devices.

The OPVault format was introduced in 2012 as the successor to the AgileKeychain format that we introduced in 2008. Not only is the OPVault format a newer format than the AgileKeychain format, but it offers advantages in terms of both security and efficiency as well. If you're interested in learning more, you can find more information about that here.

In addition to the enhanced security offered by OPVault, the good news here is that the 1Password apps have supported it for quite some time. So the change here isn't that we're introducing a new vault format, but rather deprecating an old one. If you are using 1Password 4 for Windows or 1Password 6 for Mac, you should be able to sync with the newly created OPVault folder after the conversion is complete.

I hope that helps to ease your concerns. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need help with converting your vault.

This discussion has been closed.