Options
2»

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

I don’t have a Autofill problem now. Some sites refuse to cooperate...for those I’ll cut/Paste my PWD for access.

I made a screenshot of the page I get when I login which shows NO “New Discussion” Button. It made it once but I couldn’t repeat it.
    How do I send the screenshot to you along with my Forum reply? I think the screenshot goes the photo data, right? So then what do I do to send that to you in the Forum?

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

I posted a reply...it doesn’t show yet here is a repeat:

I saved a photo (screenshot) of the page I get when I first sign in.
    Now, how do I post that in one of these messages?

Thanx for continuing to help me
    Jim B

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot get a page up that has the Button:”New Discussions” on it. I have a screenshot of what I see after i normally Login.
    How do I post that screenshot for you to see?

Thanx Jim B

I forced a new discussion using the following URL: https://discussions.agilebits.com/post/discussions
    That was sent to me be Ben,

Thanx\Jim B

1Password Version: IOS 7.3
    Extension Version: ?
    OS Version: IOS 12.2
    Sync Type: Subscriber

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

JUST now: after posting above, I logged out. ...then the CORRECT page appeared!! With the Button!
    I’m really confused now.
    BTW ALL my content blockers are OFF.
    I will repeat what I just did WITH blockers ON!

I don’t think they are at fault... IMHO...
    jim

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Repeat with two content blockers on, one off (required for access to certain other web sites... Humana e.g.)

Still get no Button for new discussions.

Again How do I send along with a post a screenshot Of what I get after a login?

Thanks Jim B

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@three-cushion ,

Uninstall ALL of your content blockers just to test this issue. Don't just disable them. Then, restart your iOS system and try again.

You can reinstall them again later once you've isolated the issue.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

I followed @ag_ana (or was it @MrC?) advice and completely Un installed all content blockers that were listed under Safari Settings.

Then, re booted and Tried to login again...SAME result. Get a discussion “category” page then dropping into the iOS category,,,, NO BUTTON appears that allows New Discussions.

So it is not THOSE content blockers, for sure causing the problem.

Except in “settings” then Safari, where else should I look?

I still have not rec’d from Agile how to post screenshot (actually a photo) on a Posting? What is the procedure to do so?

Sorry to be such a bother. Jim B

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Well.... now I AM confounded. After restoring my content blockers, and re boot, tonight thought I’d try again...
    YEAH. I got he orrect page WITH the Button!!!!

Before, Ive done this, logout then try again an I got a failure.

So, now to Try again...Ill report back...Jim B

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

10 MINUTES LATER:

No dice... after that last success, I tried a new login, etc...
    SORRY: No Button!
    This is just ridiculous! I don’t see WHY I would get the Button etc...then not be able to repeat ....
    And I even set the 1PW browser to emulate Safari on iPad... Nothing helped.

Any other ideas out there?

[Or I can use the URL that Ben gave me...if I ever want to start a post..... https://discussions.agilebits.com/post/discussion]

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@three-cushion

You just mentioned something that made it clear you are using 1Passwords internal browser. With that browser, I see the issue too. The forum software does not seem to work well with this more limited browser environment. Some sites won’t.

Instead, for this site, or others you have issues with, use the pull down button next to the URL in your Login entry to open the site in Safari (which is where we all thought you were).

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Eureka!! Why did I not know about this? I use the 1PW browser A LOT!.
    But, I’m not following you..
    What “pull down” button?
    (I used the sharing Option (the Square with an UP-Arrow at top) to select the open in Safari, then i went to AgileBits and it all works... Is that what you meant?)

I’m not aware of “...use the pull down button next to the URL in your Login entry....etc etc”
    Please describe what you mean re: the “pull down button”...

But... whatever you meant, now I know to use Full Safari and NOT the 1PW Browser. Any plans to change 1PW so to automatically use Safari and do away with the 1PW Browser?

Many thanx @MrC ...you solved the mystery..

Jim B

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options

@three-cushion ,

Sorry, pull down menu is in the desktop app version.

For the iOS version, press and hold the URL and don’t let go until the pop up appears. Then select Open in Safari.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

This will be My last post under this category:

Since the 1PW browser is so limiting (caused my anxiety for several days) why not retire that browser and use the authentic, full featured Safari for 1PW?

And BTW, thanx again for sticking with me in my recent doldrums.

Jim B User since 2009 or so....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@three-cushion Using Safari and AutoFill is certainly the best way to use 1Password on iOS, and that's the way we recommend using. However, some users like 1Browser, so I think we cannot just remove it.

The option to use it is there, so right now it's up to you to decide whether to use that or Safari, so we can make everyone happy :)

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

OK I lied...here is the LAST post! :p What option settings are crucial for proper Autofill action is iOS?

Please help me find all the iOS locations where a setting is made. I remember one where the options were either iCloud or 1PW choices. I set it to 1PW.

Any others you know of?

Thanx ...and out

Jim B
    PS I read up on 1PX.... but that is for real computer Operating Systems...ala OSX, MSFT, Linux, etc. And I just don’t deal with those much...not since I retired several years ago. NOTE: My iMac is still running beautifully on OS 10.10.5 with 1P Ver 6.8.9!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@three-cushion: inside 1Password, there is not much to configure at the moment :P If you open 1Password for iOS and tap on Settings > Password AutoFill, you will see that there is currently just one option inside it, which allows you to copy One-Time Passwords to the clipboard.

This is optional, but it's very convenient when you are logging in to website for which you have enabled Two-factor Authentication. But other than that, there is nothing else that you need to do to have AutoFill working :)

This discussion has been closed.