can I delete the greyed out keyholes and keys in the login list. Some of them no longer work

Options
mail_ronandclaudia
mail_ronandclaudia
Community Member

I have a lot of old, unused items in my login list. Some have a keyhole icon and others have a key. They are greyed out. I'm not sure if I should eliminate them. Will the old passwords in those items be stored in previously used or will they be lost completely. Most of these items are confusing because there is login info in those greyed out items. One of the greyed out icons with a keyhole is actually one that works whereas the other item with a colorful icon for the website doesn't work. Not sure what the difference is in these login items.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can I delete the greyed out keyholes and keys in the login list. Some of them no longer work

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mail_ronandclaudia - I can't really give you any advice about how to manage your own 1Password items, because I don't know what is valuable to you and what is not. However, one strategy I've employed in my own 1Password setup to good effect for those no-longer-used-but-still-don't-want-to-throw-away items is: create a new vault and call it "Archives." Set it not to appear in the "All Vaults" view if you like, and then use these instructions to move your items from your current vault(s) to the "Archives" vault, so that you only see the items you want in your main vault -- but the other items are there if you should ever need to refer to them. Hope this helps! :)

• mail_ronandclaudia
    Options

Just wondering what the grey icons for keyhole and key mean in the login list. It seems that the icons that have the website (colored) icons have the right info. Do those grey icons need to be in the login list?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mail_ronandclaudia - the items with a key are typically password items -- any time you create a password using 1Password's Strong Password Generator, the item will be saved as a password item. You can check this by clicking the various Categories in the Sidebar. Clicking on "Passwords" should show you all of such items you have.

This discussion has been closed.