Is 1Password X an browser extension replacement?

Options

Hi.

Because 1Password X is released, does it mean that you are not going to actively work on native app and official browser extension? Combination of these two works much better for me. I am having few issues with 1Password X.

• No keybord shortcut ⌘ + \
  • We are unable to reach the server error (every time when I try to save new password)

Can I be assured that standalone app + browser extension is going to be actively supported and developed?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password,com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018
    Options

@pawelgrzybek: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password X is a browser extension. :)

1Password X doesn't currently have any form of communication to 1Password for Mac or Windows, so it can't use a global hotkey and is limited to what's available in the browser. We were less concerned about native app communication and other features that could come with that because we already have an excellent desktop extension that fills that role, but it may be something we can do in the future. 1Password X is something we're building for folks who can't use the native Mac or Windows app as you are able. This is an excellent tradeoff for some, and for everyone else, we're still actively developing the 1Password Extension.

Regarding the specific issue you're having with 1Password X, you didn't include any version information for that or your browser, so I can only guess, but it sounds like you just need to update both. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Raptor007
    Raptor007
    Community Member
    Options

I found updated 1PW X Browser extensions for Safari, Chrome and Firefox and I have the desktop set up and the extensions as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Raptor007: 1Password X only exists for Firefox and Chrome (-based browsers), not Safari. The 1Password desktop extensions which work with the Mac and Windows apps are available for Safari and many other browsers though. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.