Reclaiming disk space

Options
Biddlesby
Biddlesby
Community Member

Hello,

My disk space is filling up and I discovered that 1Password is taking up 1.8 GB of space in the following directory:

~/Library/Group Containers/*.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/AccountExports

The directory contains 31 .zip files ranging from 31MB to 111MB in size, between June this year and a couple of days ago.

Why were these files created, is it safe for me to delete them, and if I do so, can I expect them to return in the future?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1password cloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Biddlesby! I'm sorry for the trouble. What you've noticed is an in-progress version of what may become local backups for your 1Password.com account. Right now, there's no effective way to restore that data, because that's the part of the setup we're still working on. If you absolutely must reclaim disk space due to a tiny SSD or otherwise running out of room, the first thing I'd do is Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and then delete those zip files. They're not part of the actual online account itself, so it won't cause any real-world problems to delete them.

• Biddlesby
    Biddlesby
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thank you for the helpful information!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Biddlesby - you're quite welcome; glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.