"Accounts" category removed when upgrading from 4 to 7

Options
Sprout72
Sprout72
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Android

I bought 1password 4 three years ago and have been using it ever since. I have no intention of upgrading to the subscription model as the version 4 suits me well. But, I'm also a 1password android user, which uses version 7 by default.

I recently decided to convert my vault on android to the new vault system. The next time I opened 1password on my windows desktop computer, all the account (except the email ones) in the "accounts" category were gone. I fixed the problems by reverting to an older vault on desktop and writing the 20 or so accounts that I lost on a piece of paper.

I think the problem is due to the fact that the "Accounts" category on the android version has been replaced by "Email Accounts". That would explain why my e-mail accounts were the only login that weren't deleted.

How should I be using the "accounts" category on the desktop application from now on?

Is the new vault also stored on your servers or is it still only a local sync system? (I would really prefer if it remained only local)

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Chrome
OS Version: 6.1.7601 SP1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• FelipeBentoNG
    FelipeBentoNG
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Those account items are not converted to the new format.

• Hey @Sprout72 and @FelipeBentoNG. Thanks for reaching out!

The Generic Accounts category in 1Password 4 is not supported on any other platforms. You should see those items remapped as Logins on your other devices, including Android. Do you both see them in the Logins category?

That said, the OPVault format is indeed a standalone format just like Agile Keychain. It works with your local sync system, but not with 1Password.com accounts.

• Sprout72
    Sprout72
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Peri, thanks for the answer.

Those accounts were unfortunately not remapped into logins.

Glad to hear that the OPVault is still standalone.

If it happens to someone else, just go to your desktop 1password app and click on Backup, then restore 1password vault from backup, load a version of the vault odler than before you converted to the OPVault, write your accounts down. Then re-load the most recent version to not lose any recent changes.

• FelipeBentoNG
    FelipeBentoNG
    Community Member
    Options

The accounts were missing at the OPVault.

Also the folders that took me alot of time to organize :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Those accounts were unfortunately not remapped into logins.

@Sprout72: What are they shown as for you now then?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The accounts were missing at the OPVault. Also the folders that took me alot of time to organize :(

@FelipeBentoNG: I'm sorry for the confusion. "Accounts" wasn't a category, but a grouping of some legacy categories from years ago. We've since gotten rid of those because Logins covers the same ground and can also be used to actually fill login credentials in the browser. Folders, on the other hand, are covered to tags, so you won't lose those. They'll just work a bit differently, since you're not limited to an item belonging to a single tag, which was the case with folders (and item could not be in more than one folder at a time). If you need help with something or have a question, let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.