Improve usability for Watchtower "Inactive 2FA"

Options

This Watchtower section is very usefu, but has one very frustrating usability "hiccup": when I select an account listed here and activate 2FA on it, as soon as I click the "Save" button, having added the OTP field, it disappears from the list, and is no longer selected. I then have to search for the entry again to get my new OTP to complete the registration process on the affected website.

Would it not be more user-friendly to keep the entry selected, even though it is no longer in the "Inactive 2FA" section any more? Or am I holding it wrong? Can I get the OTP through some other mechanism that would leave the entry selected and allow me to see the needed OTP?

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two factor authentication

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @willharris,

Thank you for reporting this!

I was able to reproduce this in 1Password 7 on my devices (both Mac and PC) and I agree, it is not very convenient. I will pass it along to my team and we will see how we can improve this behaviour in the future.

I am sorry for this inconvenience with 1Password. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• willharris
    willharris
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg thanks a lot - I look forward to seeing the change in a future update!

Best
    Will

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@willharris: You are very welcome! :+1:

I can make no promises about when it will be fixed, but this is definitely not convenient. :) Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

• moose
    moose
    Community Member
    Options

Just came to report the same issue. It happens when you resolve any record in the Watchtower section.

There are six categories in Watchtower, and it is reporting that I need to resolve roughly 800 records. You can understand why I put this off.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Totally. The list is long for improvements we want as well, but this is definitely on it. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

This discussion has been closed.