Best way to handle 2 1Password accounts?

I have 2 identities in 1Password:

1. 1Password 6 (For Families & Teams) app on OSX. This is my personal Vault and since it is old-skool, the vaults are stored locally. There is no corresponding 1Password.com account for my personal data.

2. As Admin of a Team. This is a new account and has a 1Password account using my work email for signing in. I have a shared vault which I subscribed to in the above app. This account (and its vaults) will definitely go away in a few months.

So my OSX app is configured to access both my work & personal 1P vaults. (1 is local, another is in 1Password.com).

My goal is to update my OSX app, while still retaining access to both sets of vaults yet without merging them into 1 account.

Is it possible to upgrade to 7 and have it access to BOTH work & personal accounts? I don't want to sign out/in to switch between accounts. And I really don't want to merge the 2 accounts.

thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bassman: Yep! That's just how 1Password is intended to work: you can sign into as many accounts as you want, and switch between their vaults freely within the app:

How to use multiple accounts

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Bassman
    Bassman
    Community Member

awesome, thanks. I'm gonna go for it. Full report to follow....

• Perfect. Let us know how that goes.

Rick

• Bassman
    Bassman
    Community Member

Works like a charm! I thought I would need to create a new account for my Personal vault on 1Password.com. But I did not. So my paradigm is unchanged: Personal vault on Dropbox & Work vault on 1Password.com.

thanks again for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.