Trying to import a CSV of software licenses.

Options

The CSV is properly formatted but they're not being imported at licenses. They're being imported a generic entries. I've tried to put titles on the columns but that doesn't help either. Any ideas?
Jonathan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:csv import

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @jvzuck,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you have a Mac?

Right now, 1Password 7 for Windows do not support importing CSV files, especially the category-specific formats, they were designed a long time ago for the macOS version.

Was your CSV file exported from a different password manager?

/cc @MrC, do you have a script that can convert CSV for software licenses into 1PIF?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options

@jvzuck / @MikeT

Currently, the csv converter does not support Licenses, but I can do a quick update to make it so.

@jvzuck - can you tell me about your CSV's exact columns and meanings? I'll update the csv converter to support this, but to do so, I need to know the exact format of your CSV file. Once I update the converter suite for you, you'll be able to convert your CSV file into something that your 1Password can import (and Licenses will then be placed into the correct category).

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MikeT - I'll start with that right away, and update as necessary.

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

@MrC, thanks! I'll buy you a beer or your favorite beverage if we ever meet, as long as it is reasonably priced. :smile:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options

@jvzuck ,

I have the converter done, but would like one more piece of information from you. What is the format of your Purchase Date values?

Here's how the conversion works so far....

A sample file:

The conversion process:

$ perl convert_to_1p4.pl csv  mylicenses.csv  -v
        Imported 1 item
        Exported 1 software item
        Exported 1 total item
        You may now import the file /Users/MrC/Desktop/1P_import.1pif into 1Password

The result after import into 1Password:

• jvzuck
    jvzuck
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Hey thanks! So they're in Excel so I can make the date format whatever you like. Right now it's just basic Excel for mat of month/day/year without padding so might be 5/3/2014

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options

@jvzuck ,

Ok, let's use that format. Be sure you are exporting your dates as strings in the CSV file, and don't let Excel format the dates as it internal formats.

I've updated version 1.11 of the converter suite . It includes the updated csv converter. Please download it from Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread, and then read the README.pdf. It will walk you through the process.

Be sure your header row column labels are exactly as described in the README.pdf, under the CSV sub-section of Exporting from your Password Manager (letter case does not matter).

Ask if you need help.

• jvzuck
    jvzuck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• On behalf of MrC, you're welcome. Please do let us know if how it works out for you.

This discussion has been closed.