What's the right way to work with secure web applications containing lots of forms?

For example, quickbooks online: 1password X is constantly providing fill options for most every form field in the application, and covering up quickbooks' options. Is there some sort of setting to allow the initial password to be offered, but after login to buzz off?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brucebc: That's a really good question. Certainly some websites are easier to work with than others. Can you give me the specific URL(s) where you're having trouble like that, in addition to the login URL where you want to be able to use 1Password? It may be something where we'll need to make exclusions, but it's possible we can just make 1Password smarter. Would it be possible for you to provide an example screenshot, ensuring that there's no sensitive information in it?

• brucebc
    brucebc
    Community Member

Hi brenty:

Turns out the issue is not as straightforward as I thought; I went back to grab you those screenshots and can't reproduce it this morning. Frustrating, as I struggled with it all last week :) I suspect it might be related to 1pw extension and 1pw don't share knowledge of login state? Or some issue with out of sync between extension and chrome version, which got fixed by a restart? Will keep digging, and write back if I can figure out what exact state triggers the behavior.

The issue has been with URLs like https://c11.qbo.intuit.com/c11/v1809.442/0/login before login, and URLs like https://c72.qbo.intuit.com/app/expense after login (where the numbers are randomly inserted by the server, ex: typing qbo.intuit.com/login).

Bruce

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks. Indeed, I'm not able to reproduce it here, but I have no doubt there are sites out there which exhibit the behaviour you're describing. If we can find them, I bet we can improve 1Password. IN the mean time, make sure you're up to date with both Chrome and 1Password, as there are important changes in both. And we'll keep at it. Cheers! :)

• brucedelta
    brucedelta
    Community Member

I also have experienced a lot of trouble with Quickbooks online and 1Password overtaking the drop-down menus. I will get some screenshots next time I see it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brucedelta,

If you can supply an example screenshot or two and it doesn't comprise your privacy at all in doing so that would be fantastic. I often find the adage a picture is worth a thousand words holds true even in troubleshooting and can help to clarify what a person is experiencing when they're reporting a problem.

If the screenshots don't reveal sensitive information but probably shouldn't be in our public support forum there is the option to email us as well. You can use the address support+forum@1password.com and if you post the ticket ID you receive here it will help us locate the email with the attached screenshots.

• brucebc
    brucebc
    Community Member

FWIW, I think my issues with this were related to this issue 1Password X: error when saving: "We were unable to reach the server"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brucebc: Really? Are you saying the problem has gone away with recent updates? We've had good reports coming back from people who had previously encountered that error. I can't imagine why they'd be related, but it could just be that another change we made at the same time helped your case as well. Please let us know!

• brucebc
    brucebc
    Community Member

I know, causation and coincidence, humans seeking patterns :) You're probably right, other changes. My assumption was both issues seemed to be caused by the system not understanding logged in status; in one case offering form fills in every field, in another not being permitted to save. Sorry if I muddied the waters :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I know, causation and coincidence, humans seeking patterns :)

Hey, I'm right there with you. :lol:

You're probably right, other changes. My assumption was both issues seemed to be caused by the system not understanding logged in status; in one case offering form fills in every field, in another not being permitted to save. Sorry if I muddied the waters :)

No worries! Just want to make sure I'm understanding the situation correctly. :)

I think what happened is that some change we've made to the filling engine helped with your particular case, which is nice since it's not something we've been able to reproduce ourselves. I'd be interested to hear if others are seeing improvement in this area as well.

This discussion has been closed.