Reconciling duplication -- moving to New Subscription service

Options
johnharbo
johnharbo
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

I've long used 1Password, but with the latest version things have gotten out of sync.

When I installed on Mac, it imported from my old vault (synced to iCloud). I then used it for a couple of months before I realized it was no longer syncing with the version of the iCloud vault on my iPhone and iPad. When I upgraded both of those devices and signed into the account (on 1Password subscription servers), I now have duplicate entries for most logins on my IOS devices.

Most of my changes are on the desktop version (subscription server), so if I have to delete iCloud on IOS, I should be OK if that doesn't mess with the subscription version now on 1Password servers. But I'd feel a lot better if 1Password allowed me to =save an archive somewhere.

Finally, I've always kept a copy of the file in my safe deposit box (on a disk marked "in case I die"), but under your new architecture, I don't seem to have a local version I can copy there.

How do I fix this?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:duplication

Comments

• Hi @johnharbo

When I installed on Mac, it imported from my old vault (synced to iCloud). I then used it for a couple of months before I realized it was no longer syncing with the version of the iCloud vault on my iPhone and iPad. When I upgraded both of those devices and signed into the account (on 1Password subscription servers), I now have duplicate entries for most logins on my IOS devices.

Do you have a Primary vault on any of these devices? If so it should be deleted from each of them, after making sure all of your data is available at https://start.1password.com/

Instructions for deleting the Primary vault can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

iCloud would still have this data.

Finally, I've always kept a copy of the file in my safe deposit box (on a disk marked "in case I die"), but under your new architecture, I don't seem to have a local version I can copy there.

Storing a copy of your Emergency Kit in the safe deposit box would seemingly better accomplish the goal, as it would grant access to the latest information, whereas a “local version” would have to be regularly updated.

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• johnharbo
    johnharbo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks , Ben. That seemed to work.

• :+1: You’re welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.