"Posterity" Vault for maintaining "What if we need it again" retired credentials.

In an effort to remove clutter in our vaults, I created a Posterity vault so that people can move credentials for deprecated services and such to without worrying about some day needing them again. What I want to be able to do is provide write access for all our users to that vault so that they can move these credentials into it but I want the vault to default to unselected for the "Show in All Vaults" settings so that my objective is met (de-cluttering). Is there a way to administratively set this to be so? I can create a document to show how to de-select it in settings but it would be so much better if this were something that could be done administratively.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jbradford! I do the same thing -- an "Archives" vault. It's a great idea for "long term storage" of stuff you know you won't use again (or at least very rarely) but don't want to delete outright. Because what appears in All Vaults is a client-side preference, there's no way for you to set it on the server, for everyone. You'll have to go with the explainer document, but fortunately it's not that difficult. And you never know; some people may WANT to see that vault in All Vaults.

This discussion has been closed.