Inline fill field menu in the regular 1Password extension

Options

The 1Password X browser extension has the inline fill field menu that allows you to click on the 1Password icon in username and password fields to bring up the list of possible credentials to fill with. Is this same functionality going to be added to the normal 1Password browser extension.

I've seen it mentioned that the normal 1Password extension is more fully-featured than 1Password X extension. So far this is the only difference I've noticed.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.3.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have the regular browser extension have an inline fill menu similar to the 1Password X extension

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ddechant: The "normal 1Password browser extension" doesn't actually do anything; rather, the 1Password desktop apps handle the user interface and filling. The extension installed only allows the desktop apps to connect to the browser. 1Password X runs entirely within the browser, and since it's targeted at users who are not able to install the apps, it works a bit differently, both for utility (Chrome OS devices often use touch input) and also as a testbed for new ideas. So it's entirely possible that we'll bring some features from there to the desktop apps/extensions as well. But a key difference which you didn't mention is that the desktop version can use OS-level features like global keyboard shortcuts and biometrics (Windows Hello, Touch ID), which is not currently possible with a browser-only extension like 1Password X. So both have different strengths. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.