how to transition to Families (on trial)

Options
violin2
violin2
Community Member

Last week I upgraded from 1P 6 to 1P7, and I've finally got everything working ok. I am on the subscription plan but I there is still time left on the free trial. Now I would like to consider changing the individual plan to the families so my daughter can also use 1Password. Do I need to set up Families first (I will be the organizer), and then she can download the trial version? It's not clear on the website how to make this change. What happens if we decide not to continue as Family after the trial, and I want to keep my individual account/ subscription only? Thank you for the help.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @violin2

You can use the “invite people” link in the sidebar at https://my.1password.com/ to upgrade to 1Password Families. Invited family members will be able to download and install the apps once they have set up their account within your membership (they should not sign up for their own trial if the goal is to share a membership).

If you decide not to continue you can downgrade to an individual account in the future, but that will require that only 1 account exist within the membership. Any additional accounts would need to be deleted.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.