To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What is the value of purchasing a membership versus just upgrading to version 7?

Markdown
Markdown
Community Member

My wife and I have version 6.8.8, but knew nothing of this new "membership" deal. We thought we had an account until we found ourselves locked out, or so we thought. It took us some extensive searching to find that we can just upgrade to version 7 or we can buy a "membership". What does "membership" give us that just getting the newest version doesn't provide, and what is the cost difference?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: chrome & safari
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:What is the value of purchasing a membership versus just upgrading to version 7?

Comments

• Hi @Markdown

You can read about the benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Some of the highlights:

• With 1Password Families membership all of your invited family members get access to all of the latest versions of 1Password for any of their compatible devices, rather than having to separately license each person and version
    • Secure sharing is possible through shared vaults, and each person also gets their own Private vault which is only accessible by them
    • Family Organizers can assist family members if they lose their credentials -- multiple organizers are recommended (with standalone if you lose your Master Password no recovery is possible)
    • It isn't necessary to manually set up syncing with a 3rd party service like Dropbox or iCloud. Sync is automatic and handled by your membership. Simply sign in to your 1Password account on a device to have instant access to all of your data.

Membership is a subscription service. You can see the pricing options here:

Pricing, free trial for password manager | 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.