the Safari extension not working thread - a new issue?

rboggs12
rboggs12
Community Member

Running
1Password 7
Version 7.2.BETA-2 (70200002)
AgileBits Beta

On MacOS 10.14 Mojave (full version not beta)

I’m unable to access my passwords from the 1Password application, the menu bar, or from within Safari extension. When I try from the application it will jump to Safari but not open the page or autofill the passwords. When I try from the menu bar (1Password mini), it occasionally will open the page and fill the username and password spots but very inconsistent. When I try to use the Safari extension (installed from within 1Password from file menu), I get a loop of looking for 1Password app, allow this page to open 1Password 7, could'nt connect and try again.
And the endless cycle continues without the toolbar or the Safari extension working. I did uninstall the extension but find a second extension that I can’t uninstall. Can’t uninstall the extension without installing 1Password apparently. Any way to fix this or is this a beta issue.

1Password Version: Version 7.2.BETA-2 (70200002)
Extension Version: 1Password 7.2 Beta-2
OS Version: OSX 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    edited September 2018

@rboggs12,

So to start off, you're going to want to stop installing the extension. As we approach release we will be removing the Safari extension from our downloads/browser install page as it will no longer be a part of 1Password 7. The extension is built into the app, so installing that legacy extension puts you into a state where Safari has no choice but to remove it and replace it with the 1Password 7-included extension.

Second I would recommend quitting Safari and doing a quit completely on the 1Password application (with 1Password in the foreground, hold down control, option and command keys and hit the q button), then Launch 1Password and Safari.

Uninstalling and Installing the extension isn't going to be a thing going forward so its best to get out of that habit now ;)

After you relaunch the apps re-try the activities you were attempting and lets see if it still has any issues.

This discussion has been closed.