1Password Android app updated and now I can not access to 1Password for Windows

xestebann
xestebann
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I don't know what has happened. 1Password Android app has been updated on my smartphone and now I can not access to 1Password on Windows providing my Master password. When I opened the app on my device, a message appeared saying that the vault configuration had to be migrated to opvault or something like that. I did the migration and then I can not access to 1Password for Windows.
In my drive there has been created a new folder named 1Password.opvault and 1Password.legacyagilekeychain. 1Password for Windows is pointing to 1Password.legacyagilekeychain folder but when I type the master password the message is incorrect password, which is not true because in my Android device I can log in with the same password.
Please help. Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• xestebann
    xestebann
    Community Member

Sorry, Windows app is pointing to opvault

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xestebann,

Thank you for getting in touch! Sorry for the troubles with the conversion.

First of all, could you please tell me if you have any special characters in your Master Password?

Additionally, I would like to ask you to create Diagnostics Reports from your Windows PC and Android device, where you use 1Password, and send them to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do include a link to this thread in your emails, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your reports in our inbox.

Cheers,
    Greg

• xestebann
    xestebann
    Community Member

Hi Greg. I have the character €. Is this a problem?? Because the android app seems to work well. I have just sent the diagnostic reports.
    Thanks.

• Hi @xestebann,

Yes, it is possible, the symbols you enter on various platforms may not end up being the same character the OS enters. We do use the normalization protocols when you create your master password, so that they're consistent across platforms but it depends on the OS itself. We haven't seen many issues like this, so it may not be your issue either.

I've found your emails, we'll reply there as soon as we finish reading the reports.

ref: ZDI-16898-697

• xestebann
    xestebann
    Community Member

Hi, the problem has been solved changing master pass. Thank you very much for your attention.

• We did find some related issues with certain characters in the Android app, we're looking into it.

This discussion has been closed.