Upgrade from 1Password 6 to 7 on Mac without a Team Account

Options
adam2k
adam2k
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

I bought a copy of 1Password back in 2013 and I am trying to upgrade.

I followed the install instructions for this guide:

https://support.1password.com/switch-from-mac-app-store/

I think the problem that I having is that I did this upgrade on a different laptop and on that different laptop I was added to a team for a company that I no longer work for. They removed me from the team account and now everything after upgrading to 1Password 7 is showing in read-only mode.

Anyway I can get a license for this upgrade?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X (10.13.6)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @adam2k! Absolutely you can get a license -- and at the moment, they're on sale at the launch special price of $49.99 instead of the usual $64.99. Though I would suggest that signing up for a 1password.com membership is a better option. Either way, if you click on the Read Only badge that's present in any of your items, you should get the purchase options window that looks like this:

If you want to explore the 1password.com membership option, you can click the large green "Subscribe now" button, and if you want a license, the link underneath that which says "Need a license? We have those, too" will be the one you want. Hope that helps! :)

• adam2k
    adam2k
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Lars do I need to re-purchase the license for the new version of 1Password if I already purchased a license through the Mac App Store awhile back? I was planning on continuing to sync via Dropbox if possible. It seemed like it was working until I switch to this other computer.

• @adam2k,

Yes, 1Password 7 is a paid release. Its a completely different product in the Mac App Store and the App Store version isn't available as a standalone purchase. If you're looking for a standalone purchase you'll need to download the version directly from https://1password.com/downloads

This discussion has been closed.