To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Site asking me to repurchase when I try to set up an account

This started when I decided to add 1Password to my Windows7 VM inside Parallels, on the same Mac that my long-time 1Password family plan is already running. As far as I know I do not already have a 1Password "account" online. Also, if we can sort out my primary question, an additional question is: Is it really necessary to send our Master Passwords through the Web to establish a link between a paid client and a simple online account? On the 1Password account login page I see three fields: "Email", "Secret Key", and "Master Password." In a different, more sales-oriented, part of your website it says something to the effect of "only you will know your Master Password... Uh, really? I don't get it...

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689001)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6 (17G65) Mac, 7 Pro, SP 1, Windows
Sync Type: WLAN Server

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BrianStegner2: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you don't have a 1Password.com membership (and therefore an account), each app is a separate purchase. A license does not expire, but it applies to the version for which it was purchased. So, for example, if you purchased 1Password for Mac version 6, that wont apply to 1Password for Mac version 7, or the Windows app (Android, iOS, etc.) You’ll also only have a Secret Key or Sign In URL or be able to access your data through 1Password.com with a membership. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

Is it really necessary to send our Master Passwords through the Web to establish a link between a paid client and a simple online account?

Can you clarify? I'm not sure what you're asking about here.

On the 1Password account login page I see three fields: "Email", "Secret Key", and "Master Password." In a different, more sales-oriented, part of your website it says something to the effect of "only you will know your Master Password... Uh, really? I don't get it...

I think my comments above should help, but if you have any questions please let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.