Clean install of 1PW 7 crashes on Windows 10 when submitting password

Options

I just installed 1PW 7 on an up-to-date installation of Windows 10. I previously had 1PW 4 on that machine and was using a local vault; prior to installing 1PW 7 I switching to a 1PW Account. Whenever I hit submit on 1PW password screen the app immediately crashes with no error message. I have rebooted several times and made sure that I have the current version of .net installed. I have no idea what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 7.2.575
OS Version: 10.0.17134.285
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Hi @JetLaw69,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We need your crash report to see why it is happening. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• JetLaw69
    JetLaw69
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike. Thanks for the message. Iwas able to get the problem resolved last night. I did a search of the drive for any existing 1PW filed and then reinstalled and it worked fine.

• That's great to hear. If the situation changes, please let us know as we'd like to fix the problem from happening again.

This discussion has been closed.