1Password not showing option for TouchID

HapMacintyre
HapMacintyre
Community Member
edited September 2018 in iOS

iOS 12, latest iPad Pro 12.9", 1Password version 7.2. I've gone through the process linked elsewhere on the forums (disable Touch ID in 1Password, turn off use TouchID for ... in setting, reboot iPad and turn it all back on). I've also completely reset TouchID on the iPad and started over from scratch. 1Password is the only app I have that TouchID won't show as an option.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Frank Petrie
    Frank Petrie
    Community Member

My copy won't even shut after closing the app. As soon as I launch it, it automatically opens. What's happening?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HapMacintyre: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Touch ID. Unfortunately we don't have any real insight into or control over that since it's handled by Apple's OS and hardware, but with some additional information we can probably guide you toward a solution. Can you clarify a few things? It sounds like maybe this is a recent development for you. When did you start having this issue? Also, if you "reset Touch ID", it shouldn't work in other apps either. Can you tell me exactly what you did? Thank in advance!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

My copy won't even shut after closing the app. As soon as I launch it, it automatically opens. What's happening?

@Frank Petrie: When you launch 1Password it should open. What do you mean?

• HapMacintyre
    HapMacintyre
    Community Member

It's been happening for a while, but I haven't tried to deal with it, but with iOS 12 integration it's much more of an irritation.

By reset, I removed everything from TouchID. Deleted all fingerprints, etc. Then I re-added them. So they work everywhere but 1Password.

• @HapMacintyre

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPad:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95772/1password-not-showing-option-for-touchid#latest
    • Your forum username: HapMacintyre

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• HapMacintyre
    HapMacintyre
    Community Member

Hey Ben, I think you scared it :) . For the first time in months - I got the TouchID prompt for 1Password. I sent the diagnostics anyway, but for now it's working.

PGN-61762-648

• Thanks @HapMacintyre. Please do let us know if the problem reoccurs.

Ben

• HapMacintyre
    HapMacintyre
    Community Member

So it's doing the same thing again on my iPad. However using the iOS 12 autofill, it does use TouchID for 1Password passwords (not Keychain passwords), it just will not show it when launching the full app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HapMacintyre: What are your security settings on the iPad?

This discussion has been closed.