Can't access 1 Password account on Chrome extension.

Options
wagross54
wagross54
Community Member

My 1 Password extension on chrome suddenly says my account is frozen. I have a stand alone account and can't figure out what the problem is. When I click on the icon, I get a drop down menu with several options rather than getting direct access to my passwords, which I had previously. Assistance in resolving this would be much appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:My 1 Password extension on chrome says my account is frozen. I have a stand alone account.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @wagross54! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you are getting a message that your account is frozen, then you have created a 1password.com account. There is no such thing as a "standalone account" -- I say this not to nitpick, but to make sure we're using the same words to describe the same things. There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at the main 1Password  sign-up page.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You create local 1Password vaults, and if you like, choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your device.

It sounds as if you may have been using 1Password as a standalone product in the past, but created a 1password.com account (perhaps inadvertently) more recently? If you visit Preferences > Vaults, what do you see there? How many vaults, and what are their names?

• wagross54
    wagross54
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your detailed response. Yes, I inadvertently signed up for an account even though I already have a standalone product. That has clearly been causing problems. When I go to preferences>all vaults> the "Vaults included" box is empty. Below that is a message "items from the selected vaults will be shown in All Vaults." Below that is a dropdown menu "Vault for saving." But nothing appears in the dropdown menu. I still have access to my logins on via the desktop icon, so clearly I still have an account somewhere. On my iphone is see a personal vault and a primary vault. But can't find these on my MacBook. Please advise. Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wagross54 - OK, thanks for the clarification. My question at this point is: do you want to continue with your 1password.com membership, or return to a standalone setup synced via Dropbox or iCloud?

• wagross54
    wagross54
    Community Member
    Options

Return to standalone setup synced via Dropbox. I'd like to clean up this confusion. But I did figure out the problem with the Chrome extension, which was caused by an update on Chrome. So at least that issue has been solved.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wagross54 - OK, glad to hear the Chrome issue is resolved. That can happen when Chrome performs a background update; when it refreshes, the bundle identifier is now different than the one 1Password has, requiring you to restart both before 1Password will correctly pick up the new bundle ID for Chrome. It shouldn't happen that often, but Chrome does update somewhat frequently. So if you see this behavior in the future, you'll know what to look for.

Can you tell me how many items are in the Personal vault, and how many in the Primary vault, on both your Mac and your iPhone? Thanks.

• wagross54
    wagross54
    Community Member
    Options

This is where things get confusing for me. On my iphone, I see two vaults: Personal and Primary. I don't use the Personal; I think that was the one that was inadvertently set up as a membership account. Not clear how to delete it. The Primary accounts syncs via Dropbox. On my Mac, the only thing that shows up in All Vaults under preferences is the membership account that is frozen. However, I know that my Primary account is on my computer, since I use it daily. I'm not sure how to make it show up in My Accounts or Vaults.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wagross54 - OK. I'm not quite sure how you can use, but not see, a vault -- but to get a better idea of what might be going on, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending them:

[#HHC-81257-757]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @wagross54 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: HHC-81257-757

• wagross54
    wagross54
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Diagnostics reports submitted.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.