Autofill Passwords in settings

Options
Zonker
Zonker
Community Member

Having selected this option in settings for 1P, I have a couple of questions.

1) Is it normal for iOS to prompt you to add the 1P data to iCloud Keychain if they are both selected when using autofill?

2) If we allow the 1P data to be added to iCloud Keychain, is this a good way to make 1P data to be available in Apps where 1P is not directly supported.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @Zonker

1) Is it normal for iOS to prompt you to add the 1P data to iCloud Keychain if they are both selected when using autofill?

It is, but we recommend saving in 1Password instead. From our guide on Password AutoFill:

To stop iCloud Keychain from asking to save your passwords, deselect iCloud Keychain. Then you’ll always know passwords are saved in 1Password, without any confusion.

2) If we allow the 1P data to be added to iCloud Keychain, is this a good way to make 1P data to be available in Apps where 1P is not directly supported.

I wouldn't really recommend that, no. And as far as I'm aware with Password AutoFill 1Password can fill everywhere iCloud Keychain can. Apps don't need to have explicit support for 1Password.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Zonker
    Zonker
    Community Member
    Options

Ok makes sense. I will disable iCloud Keychain then. I wonder if this will work when using Apple TV remote app to enter UserID and password for TV OS apps.

• It will. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.