To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to recover my 'Secret Key'?

adtitas
adtitas
Community Member

I reinstalled 1Password app. Unfortunately, I didn't save my secret key. But I know my sign-in address and master password. Now, how can I recover my 'Secret Key'?
Answer me soon and help me.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@adtitas: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions. Where do you have your 1Password data currently?

• adtitas
    adtitas
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@brenty
    You think another the way I told. I'm a new member of 1Password. I created my account today. I also saved a password entry data.
    But I wanted to check that 1Password's cloud synchronize works or not. For this matter, I reinstalled the app. But I really didn't know about secret key. When I open the app or website again for sign in, it's need secret key. But I couldn't save my secret key.
    My question is, 'Is there any way to recover my full secret key?' Please tell me soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@adtitas: Thanks for clarifying. (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted. We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you. You would be able to find your Secret Key in one of the following places though:

I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Secret Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. But if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

Please let me know how it goes. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• adtitas
    adtitas
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@brenty
    Couldn't. I don't have any emergency kit downloaded. But I told that I've my email, my master password, my sign-in address except 'Secret Key'.
    At last, I'm requesting that give me a secret key for my profile please; so that I can enter my account again.

• adtitas
    adtitas
    Community Member

@brenty
    I also sent email to support forum. My support ID is [#GDM-79248-828].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@adtitas: As I mentioned above,

AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password

We can't give you your account credentials, as only you ever had them. If you do not have your Secret Key anywhere, and are not part of a team or family plan whose admin can help you go through account recovery, you will not be able to sign in. You'll need to start over with another account.

Since you've also emailed us separately for some reason, rather than try to have the same conversation in multiple places, I'll reply to you there shortly to guide you through the process of starting over, if you really cannot access your account.

ref: GDM-79248-828

This discussion has been closed.