1Password 7 - Need help migrating vault from iCloud

Options
Rod_OR
Rod_OR
Community Member

I have been a 1password user for a couple years... My original vault was located in my dropbox account, and then I recently switched it over to iCloud - which was really easy as I was able to do it within the 1Password app. All this time I have had NO log-in account through 1Password - there hasn't been a reason. I created a new 1Password.com account so I can start using the new app on my Mac and iOS devices. But now I can't figure out how to get the vault currently residing on my iCloud account into the new 1Password account.

I'm in the new 1Password 7 app on my Mac, and the default "Private" and "Shared" vaults show under my new 1Password account. The option "New Vault" shows but I know that's not the way to import another vault... The "sign into another account..." requires sign-in to a 1Password account - which I don't have... So how am I supposed to import data from an external party site like iCloud????

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:icloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Rod_OR! I'm a little unclear on how you set up 1Password 7 for Mac initially, but it may not matter. My questions for you right now are:

1. Were you previously using 1Password 6 for Mac (with your standalone data) on this Mac?
    2. In 1Password 7 for Mac currently, do you have only your 1password.com account data?
This discussion has been closed.