cant not update via Mac Appstore

Options
georgexsh
georgexsh
Community Member

I am trying to update 1password from the mac app store when I click "Update", it prompt to quit 1password by clicking "continue", I clicked and noticed 1password main window closed, but app store prompt same message again after a while, and, it will never end. apparently (some parts of ) 1password is still running in the background:

$ pgrep -l -i 1password
384 1Password 7
808 1PasswordNative

after I launch 1password again and use ctrl + alt + cmd + q to fully quit, mac app store could continue to update. this must be a bug isn't?

1Password 7
Version 7.1.1 (70101000)
Mac App Store

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@georgexsh - this will be addressed in the upcoming 7.2 release; everything after that will not be subject to this issue. Until then, however, you'll need to Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) before attempting to update 1Password from the Mac App Store. Thanks for your patience. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@georgexsh - :) :+1:

• Neoxellos
    Neoxellos
    Community Member
    Options

this will be addressed in the upcoming 7.2 release; everything after that will not be subject to this issue.

Just got an update 7.2.1 on Mojave and this problem still persists. It is getting pretty annoying...

• @Neoxellos,

You're now on a build where it should quit correctly when going to the next version.

• Neoxellos
    Neoxellos
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy
    Ok. Thank you for the quick reply.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Neoxellos - on behalf of rudy, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to shed some light on things. :)

• Ben
    Options

@georgexsh

Is Safari open when you're trying to update? If so does quitting Safari make it such that the update can be installed?

Ben

• Ben
    Options

When 7.3.1 is released please check if quitting Safari allows the update to be installed without having to jump through other hoops. I believe this situation may be related to the Safari App Extension. It does not appear to be a difficulty experienced with other browsers.

Ben

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@georgexsh - excellent! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.