sync issue OSX/iOS Good.....Windows 10 not good

Options

I have been using 1password for years and have very few problems.

This is the first time that i have not been able resolve an issue on my own.

I sync using DropBox

Currently dropbox itself is syncing fine across all my devices OSX/iOS/Windows. I tested it by adding a folder on my OSX device and checking to see if it appears everywhere else and it did.

The vault appears to be synced across all the devices as well (as best as I can discern)

However.....................

I created a new log in on windows and it has not appeared on ios or osx. ( it seems to be synced up to date)

I then created another "new" login on ios and it appeared immediately on osx BUT again not synced to windows.

I cant figure out where the short circuit is.

The new install is on windows, i have never used the windows version before. And when i installed on windows it made me change the vault format to opvault from the previous format. But since I store and sync over dropbox that changed the vault format that all my versions of 1password access. Also I had to purchase a yearly license for the windows version compared to the perpetual license i had previously purchased years ago for osx and ios. Is any of this causing trouble? I even checked nortons to see if it was blocking anything and I dont think it is. Both dropbox and 1password appear to have full permission.

I even signed into the "1passwords Accounts" on the ios app to see if that was the problem. It does not seem to have fixed the issue.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 pro 1803
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @nalshaya,

Thanks for writing in.

The new install is on windows, i have never used the windows version before. And when i installed on windows it made me change the vault format to opvault from the previous format. But since I store and sync over dropbox that changed the vault format that all my versions of 1password access.

Did you explicitly reconfigure your macOS and iOS versions of 1Password to use the new .OPVault? As mentioned in the OPVault warning, you must do it manually for every 1Password app you use, it will not update them to use .OPVault.

What happens is that 1Password 7 will rename the current .agilekeychain folder to .legacyagilekeychain while creating a new folder next to with .opvault. There will be two folders, one is left behind in case of something going wrong.

In other words, your macOS and iOS versions of 1Password may be syncing to the same .agilekeychain folder while the Windows app is using .opvault.

Can you open 1Password on your Mac, unlock, and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync. Select the vault on the left and and look at the path on the right, is it pointing to .opvault? If not, disable the sync by changing Dropbox to None and then re-enable the sync with Dropbox to select .opvault. It should sync properly now and if yes, you need to do the same on the iOS devices.

Also I had to purchase a yearly license for the windows version compared to the perpetual license i had previously purchased years ago for osx and ios. Is any of this causing trouble?

We do not sell yearly nor lifetime licenses. We sell a version license meaning if you buy a license for 1Password 7 for Windows, you get 1Password 7 and all of its minor 7.x updates forever. However, that does not include 1Password 8 or later. This is true for all 1Password platforms, including macOS, iOS and Android.

This discussion has been closed.