What type account do I have?

vharral
vharral
Community Member

Membership or other? I have over the past several years put 1Pw on my iPhone, iPad, desktop and laptop Windows PCs, and my Mac several days ago they quit working (says I have no account). What is first step to recover?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Membership is fairly new (between one and two years) so if you have had 1PW for several years you will have stand-alone licences.

The licences should still work, but if you upgraded to 1PW7 you will need either a new licence or a membership.

Given that you have both Mac and Windows as well as iOS I would recommend membership. This covers all platforms, whereas you would need separate licences for Mac and Windows.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, you will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Definitely worth checking out, since it gives you access to all of the apps, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits, and we're here if you have any questions either way. :)

This discussion has been closed.