What is latest version of 1Password7 on OS X? MacUpdates say 7.1.2, but app says 7.1.1 is latest

dcblack56
dcblack56
Community Member

I use MacUpdate.com to make sure I am keeping up with my software versions. As of yesterday it claims there is a new version of 1Password7, but when I use the App I am told it is up to date.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What is latest version of 1Password7 on OS X? MacUpdates say 7.1.2, but app says 7.1.1 is latest

Comments

• Donaldd
    Donaldd
    Community Member

Hi, @dcblack56 . The latest 1Password for Mac is 7.1.2 released on 2018-09-11
    The changelog is on this page:
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

• dcblack56
    dcblack56
    Community Member

So why would 1Password7 not detect a new version when I explicitly requested it to check?

• @dcblack56,

and if you check for updates now?

• dcblack56
    dcblack56
    Community Member

[Sorry for delay, but I am traveling] Anyhow, now I get an even weirder result: Explicit check for updates says I am up to date. I keep getting notifications of a new update from 1Password7, but when I select Update... it then says its up to date.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dcblack56 - it sounds as if you may have more than one copy of 1Password for Mac installed, either in your Applications folder or elsewhere on your hard drive - or even attached external disks. Can you please check that for me? Open a Spotlight search bar and type 1Password, then check in the Applications portion and let me know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.