Login to 1Password web/ios when Google Authenticator is not working/can't get Google Auth code

Leroy_Melb
Leroy_Melb
Community Member

Am trying to reinstall 1Password on my new iPhone XS however I enabled 2FA for logins using Google Authenticator - and my old phone has been wiped and I haven't got the ability to generate a new code. I have my secret key and my starter kit saved; but I can't login because Im getting challenged for the 2FA from Google and obviously I haven't got it. Can still access 1PW that has been installed on my MacBook and my iPad. How can I get back in?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS12
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @Leroy_Melb,

You won't be able to authorize new devices without your TOTP code. If you install Google Authenticator on your new device and sign in to your Google Account are you able to access your TOTP codes? If not you'll need to reach out to our security team for further assistance. Please email us at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your membership. When you've done so you'll get a support ID back. Please post that ID here so I can be sure your ticket gets to the correct people.

Thanks.

Ben

• Leroy_Melb
    Leroy_Melb
    Community Member

Hey Ben. I’ve done that and my reference number is [#GYN-32113-476]. Hoping we can sort this out. Thanks. Leigh

• Thanks Leigh. I’ve flagged your ticket for the appropriate team.

Ben

• Leroy_Melb
    Leroy_Melb
    Community Member

Hey Ben. Im still locked out and no one has contacted me. I logged another ticket here [#IRW-85638-795] but I haven't heard anything for 2 days now. Naturally Im quite frustrated and am now looking at other options such as Dashlane. Given that I'm paying a subscription I expected that the support for this type of issue would be faster. Is there a way that I can expedite this? Thanks. Leigh.

• @Leroy_Melb

I do see that Megan reached out to you a couple of days ago, but I apologize this hasn’t seen ultimate resolution yet. Disabling 2FA on our end isn’t a task we take lightly and as such it requires a thorough review by our security team. I’ve asked them to review the status of this request and to respond to you directly ASAP.

Thank you.

Ben

ref: IRW-85638-795

This discussion has been closed.