Can't get 1Password7 to work on Safari or Chrome when it used to work great!

Options
Terry_Miller
Terry_Miller
Community Member

I've been using 1Password7 for several weeks, and it quit working yesterday. Since then I've been struggling to make it work, but it won't!
What do I need to do to correct my problem?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS v 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't get 1Password7 to work on Safari or Chrome when it used to work great!

Comments

• WorldWizard
    WorldWizard
    Community Member
    Options

I believe this is caused by changes by Apple for Safari 12 that disable the browser extension unless a version approved by Apple is installed. If you installed 1Password's browser extension from this site, it's been automatically disabled - and choosing Safari Extensions from the Safari menu now sends you to the Mac App Store. However, there is a way around this: Manually navigate to the gallery entry here and install it that way. I just did that, and my extension, previously non-functional, works again.

• Terry_Miller
    Terry_Miller
    Community Member
    Options

Your comment doesn't work for my problem, or I don't understand it.

• Terry_Miller
    Terry_Miller
    Community Member
    Options

I NEED HELP GETTING 1PASSWORD7 TO WORK ON BOTH SAFARI AND CHROME. SO FAR, NOTHING HAS WORKED!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Terry_Miller - I'm sorry for the trouble! So you know, this is a discussion forum, not a live chat. We try to answer questions in the order we receive them, but that's usually not immediately.

Can you be a little more specific about what exactly isn't working and what steps you've taken to try to solve the issue so far? What isn't working the way you expect?

• Terry_Miller
    Terry_Miller
    Community Member
    Options

On Chrome, the 1Password icon doesn't show, so I can access it.
    On Safari, the icon shows, but clicking it does nothing.
    Regarding the steps I've taken: I've gone to your forums for help, but nothing suggested appears to help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Terry_Miller - thanks. 1Password doesn't typically just stop working, if it was working previously. Please restart your Mac, then re-launch both Chrome and Safari as well as 1Password 7 for Mac, and see if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.