User names/passwords changing/going missing from 1 password

This is a bit of a weird one but recently 1password has been changing or losing some of the usernames and passwords I have logged within the application. One of them has dropped the username completely on two occasions and I have had to use edit to put it back in.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and provide a solution? I'm using the Chrome extension.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @plbrael,

Thanks for reporting this. We definitely do not have any known issues like this. Can you explain what you mean by "change"? Does it seem to revert to an earlier username/password?

How are you syncing your 1Password data, using a 1Password.com account or are you using a standalone vault with Dropbox?

• plbrael
    plbrael
    Community Member

In one instance, it has deleted a username leaving the username field blank. In another, the username has been changed to something else. I've had to edit both to restore them.

I think I'm using a 1password.com account to sync (I've been looking to see how I set this up but am unable to find what I've done!! :)). I know I'm not using dropbox.

• Hi @plbrael,

Yea, that's definitely not normal. The only situation when that can happen is that you have a sync conflict with two or more 1Password apps updating the same entry. Even in that state, we do not delete data, only merging the conflict into the conflict section of that item.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• plbrael
    plbrael
    Community Member

That's the email sent.

• Thanks, we got it and will reply to your email.

ref: LPU-72138-175

This discussion has been closed.