Cannot click Open arrow in 1PW 7 mini

Options
kalbert312
kalbert312
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

Most of the time recently on my Mac, I cannot click the open button on entries in 1PW 7 mini after clicking the menu bar icon.
I attached two pictures, one before and one after which just the mouse cursor moved (no other computer input or window foreground switching).
Some details that might help:
Using MacBook Pro with external display. The external display is set to the display with the menu bar, so this is where 1PW 7 mini shows up.
If I click on 1PW 7 mini somewhere else (in blank area), the problem persists.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1PW Subscription

Comments

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still getting this on 1PW 7.2.1. It doesn't happen 100% of the time (maybe like 30%). I cannot figure out solid reproduction steps.

• Are you clicking the row or the portion labeled "Open & Fill" ?

What happens when you click?

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member
    Options

In those screenshots, I'm not clicking anything, just moving the mouse. Clicking the row in the state in the 2nd screenshot does nothing and does not make "Open and Fill" or "Open" buttons visible. If I resize the mini window, the "Open & Fill" and "Open" buttons correctly appear when hovering a row, but it's not a permanent fix.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kalbert312 - thanks for the clarification. It's an intermittent problem, but one we're aware of. Unfortunately, it's also one I have nothing on which to report immediately in terms of progress towards resolving, other than to say this will be addressed in a future update. Until then, thanks for your patience. As you've discovered, moving 1Password or changing the window size can often change this behavior. In a worst-case scenario, so would locking and then unlocking 1Password.

• troyfontaine
    troyfontaine
    Community Member
    Options

I've found that I can use the arrow keys to move the selection down to the item I want and then I can successfully click the arrow.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@troyfontaine - thanks for the tip! That does indeed often work, so if folks don't mind being keyboard-based instead of mouse-based, it may help alleviate this issue until we can get a proper fix for it in place.

This discussion has been closed.