I upgraded from 6.x to 7 on the Mac and now I cannot see my iCloud vault. How do I migrate it?

Options
corey_balko
corey_balko
Community Member

I have a 1 6.x vault in iCloud and 2 vaults in Dropbox. How do I migrate them to 1password.com? I upgraded to the 1Password 7 app and when I go to migrate it only allows me to migrate a 1password.com account. I need an option for local vaults.

1Password Version: 7.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I upgraded from 6.x to 7 on the Mac and now I cannot see my iCloud vault. How do I migrate it?

Comments

• Hi @corey_balko ,

Below the button to migrate to an account, there should be a link that says "Need a license…", click that option and it will upgrade your data existing data as local vaults.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• corey_balko
    corey_balko
    Community Member
    Options

Below what button? I don't see migrate to an account anywhere. I tried to import from a 1Password 6 file, but it does not see the file in iCloud so that doesn't work either.

• Hi @corey_balko ,

Ah, sorry about that. I thought you were back at the upgrade screen. You can't import directly from iCloud, but if you were syncing with iCloud/Dropbox in version 6, you can easily import your data. Here's what to do:

1. Go to File > Import, and choose 1Password 6.
    2. It will ask you to locate your data. Where you look depends on which version you were running in version 6 - from the Mac App Store, or from our website.
      If you were running 1Password 6 from the Mac App Store, at the screen that asks you to locate your data, press ⌘⇧G and enter the path:
      ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Library/Application Support/Data/
      If you were running 1Password 6 from our Website, at the screen that asks you to locate your data, press ⌘⇧G and enter the path:
      ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/
    3. Open the file OnePassword.sqlite

It will then import your version 6 data. If you run into trouble and have any questions, just let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• corey_balko
    corey_balko
    Community Member
    Options

Ah thank you. I will try that. Also, is there a way to get a stand-alone version of 7? Can I get version 6 back if I want that I purchased from the Mac App Store?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@corey_balko - you can always get any previous purchases/downloads made with your Apple ID in the Purchased tab of the Mac App Store. However, we are no longer selling 1Password 7 via the Mac App Store as a standalone product; if you want a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, they are available when you go through the initial setup process of version 7 downloaded from our downloads page.

This discussion has been closed.