New laptop -- need help with reconfiguration of data sync

Hello:

I started using 1Password in 2016 for the 1st time. I vaguely remember the installation procedures but I recall that I eventually (with the help in this forum) got 1Password to work and successfully sync data between my laptop and my phone.

Break / break

I now purchased a new laptop and need to reconfigure the syncing process between computer and phone. Given that I did this 2 years ago, I don't recall all the steps, so I need some help (again).

Here's what I have done so far:

• Reinstalled the software and logged into my vault
  • Select "WLAN Sync..." which prompted me to complete the "BonjourPSSetup"... I did that.
  • Also, as part of the 1Password software install I was prompted to download/configure the "extensions" (I did that too but I am not sure if I missed any requirements).

All that said, while the software has been reinstalled on my new laptop, any changes to the desktop version are not send over to my Android.

What am I missing to ensure proper syncing of data? PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you,
Tom

1Password Version: 4.6.
Extension Version: 2.626
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for getting in touch!

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server, please check every step in our troubleshooting guide here and let me know how it goes.

By the way, is there a particular reason why you prefer WLAN Server Sync between your devices? It is not very convenient and complicated to set up, so I curious to know. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ThomasBock301: I think the specific issue you're running into is that you're trying to sync the client (Android) with a different server now (Windows) than you've set it up for. The Android app is still "paired" with your old computer. If you have all of your data on your computer and still wish to use WLAN Server to sync with your Android device, the best thing to do would be to delete the Android app and then reinstall it, setting it up with your new computer now instead. But, as Greg mentioned, you may want to check out the other options.

• ThomasBock301
    ThomasBock301
    Community Member

Greg / Brenty - thank you for the response. Once I installed Dropbox on my laptop again, the data sync is working properly on the new machine now.

Thank you,
    Tom

• On behalf of the team, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.