'Personal' vault

Options
AlastairLack
AlastairLack
Community Member

Hi, Caped Crusaders!
I've installed 1Password7 on my MacBook Pro, but it insists on using a personal vault, which looks rather like an old 6 vault. However, I want it to use my Dropbox 7 vault instead, which I use for my iMac.. But I cannot find any way to switch vaults - preferences - vaults doesn't help.
Nor can I find the personal vault to delete it.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox, Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:can't change to dropbox vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlastairLack - sorry for the trouble -- if you're using a vault called "Personal," then it sounds as if you've created a 1password.com membership/account. Was that intentional? If you open Preferences > Vaults there, what do you see? How many vaults, and what are they named?

• AlastairLack
    AlastairLack
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Lars. There is only the personal vault - and no mention of the Dropbox vault. I have tried uninstalling 1Password, but even after using CleanMyMac I still can't back to a clean reinstall where I have the option of using Dropbox.
    Is there a way of doing a complete uninstall (if that's what's needed)?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlastairLack - we really discourage the use of app "cleaners" or uninstallers to make changes to 1Password, as these types of tools can often remove more data than we want them to, including - in some worst-case scenarios - the user's actual 1Password data. 😳

At this point, to get a better idea of exactly what might be where in your 1Password setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject Line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#KLM-33772-572]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @AlastairLack only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: KLM-33772-572

This discussion has been closed.